Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Program are expected to attain the following objectives within 3 to 5 years after graduation:
- Manifest the competencies required in the fields of politics and governance relevant to the national and global scene.
- Demonstrate functional leadership skills in public and private institutions with a commitment to the principles of good governance.
- Pursue interdisciplinary research that contributes to the development and understanding of the nation’s political institutions and social dynamics.
- Demonstrate responsible citizenship and render extension services by initiating community development programs and alternatives to address the human, social, and environmental challenges.
- Pursue lifelong learning by ethically engaging in the political and social issues of local and national significance.
A Bachelor of Arts in Political Science graduate should be able to:
- intelligibly analyze local and international political institutions and processes
- exhibit personal and civic responsibilities relevant to public service
- instill to others responsible citizenship in a democratic society
- conducts research that contribute to the preservation of the nation and its political undertakings
- sustains effective expression and dissemination of ideas in community development activities
- possesses the proper outlook and initiative to pursue related fields of learning.