Graduates of the program are expected to attain the following within 3 to 5 years after graduation:
- Display commendable performance in the media practice and be dynamic agents in the transformation of the society.
- Exudes competence and effectiveness in media communication.
- Sustains the highest ethical standards performed by a media practitioner.
- Conducts communication researches that promote change and development.
- Participates actively in development communication programs and activities.
A Bachelor of Arts in Communication graduate should be able to
- define and access information needs; assess and organize information and knowledge; produce, share, and utilize information and knowledge.
- communicate in different formats and platforms (print, broadcast, and online)
- prepare communication/media plan
- conduct communication and media research and evaluation
- develop and produce communication materials in different formats and platforms
- demonstrate communication management and leadership skills
- develop entrepreneurial capabilities
- adhere to ethical standards and practices
- know and practice rights, responsibilities, and accountabilities in the communication profession
- demonstrate development orientation in communication work
- apply communication theories/ models, principles, practices, and tools in development work